If you are 40+ and have always wanted to experience a Crow outtrip, this is the program for you! A weekend in the mountains with other women, experienced leaders, and a spiritual component will create a memorable experience. We would love for you to join us!
Beginning from our Lake Site, this incredible weekend women’s backpacking trip explores the valleys, plateaus, and mountain peaks of the beautiful Rocky Mountains. Along with breathtaking scenery and varying levels of hiking challenges, you will learn backpacking and outdoor skills. The outtrip size is limited in order to maximize the opportunity to explore more areas and invest in relationships. The focus is biblical, with an outstanding venue in the wilderness. Enjoy speaking times by the fire accompanied by beautiful hikes into remote locations, but more importantly, come expecting to be refreshed and share an amazing experience with other women in the backcountry.
Special Notes for SWOT 2021:
Because of Covid-19, adjustments have been made to the “normal” Crow outtrip experience. We will still have an awesome time together enjoying a weekend in the wilderness that God has created. However, we have to make a few adjustments to meet with government regulations and keep everyone safe:
- Wearing masks while in shared vehicles to and from the drop-off point (and whenever it is difficult to maintain physical distancing).
- Everyone has their own individual and personal place to sleep. It may be a tent, a tarp, or a hammock/tent (Crow can provide these).
- In case travel restrictions are still in place for BC residents, we are planning on doing the trip in BC. If you aren’t able to meet us at camp, you can meet us at the trailhead or somewhere else pre-arranged. There are no restrictions for Albertans going into BC. In fact, the Elk Valley local governments welcome Albertans as long as they follow the rules.
- The group will be smaller – maximum of 10 people total.
You will be expected to follow and respect the Outtrip COVID Protocol that we have in place for our programs this summer. You will each be expected to carry at least 30lbs in a 50-80 litre backpack; packs will include both personal and gear. Participants should be physically capable of carrying their pack for at least 5 kilometres on rough mountain terrain (you don’t have to be able to hike fast, but this is a traditional outtrip!). This may include trail hiking, off-trail hiking through bush, and steep rocky slopes. Outtrips will take place in varying levels of difficulty as outlined in our Outtrip Class System. This is traditional outtrip, so you will be sleeping under a single tarp or tent, the food will be cooked on camp stoves or over a fire, and all food and wildlife attractants such as soap, bug spray, or toothpaste will be hung from a bearline.
The outtrip will be led by qualified Outtrip Directors who oversee all aspects of the outtrip program such as route, outdoor skills training, activities, meal preparation, and the spiritual focus of the outtrip. The Outtrip Directors are also responsible for the safety of the group and are equipped to respond to any first aid or medical situations. The whole group will participate in the activities together, only seperating when directed. The pace and oversight of the group will be set to the level of the participants. We expect all group members to respect the leadership of the Outtrip Directors.
Join us by taking this great opportunity to get away for the weekend and explore the beauty of God’s creation this summer!
* Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering.